When it comes to a good night's sleep and freeing oneself from negative emotions, essential oils can be a powerful tool. Young Living offers a variety of essential oils that can be used individually or as a part of a kit, such as the Freedom Kit, to help promote rest and relaxation while also aiding in emotional release.
Making sure we have enough time to sleep is only the first part of the equation. If we are not also getting deep enough rest for regular REM sleep, when our bodies deal with the physical, emotional, and mental stressors of the day, the time spent laying in bed will not be well spent. Not getting good, restful sleep causes us to act more like an overtired toddler: our brains become foggy, we don’t respond well to stressful situations, our cortisol levels remain high, and we sort of …. Melt down, in a nuclear reaction, inner volcano kind of way. So let’s talk about some tools to help with getting good rest:
- Valerian is an essential oil known for its calming and grounding properties. It supports healthy brain function and has a soothing effect on the nervous system, making it an excellent choice for promoting restful sleep.
- Lavender oil is a great go-to for promoting relaxation and calmness. Its soothing aroma can help calm the mind and body, preparing you for a restful night's sleep.
- Additionally, Cedarwood oil can have a sedative effect to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. For some people Cedarwood can help make for vivid dreams, so if the is one causes your dreams to ramp up a notch, try one of the other options suggested here
- For some people the aroma of Valerian makes it too unpleasant to use, even on the bottom of their feet. If this is you, Rutavala is a blend of valerian, lavender, and ruta essential oils that work together to promote relaxation and encourage calm feelings. This blend is specifically designed to help with sleep, and it can be diffused or applied topically, depending on personal preference.
Next, we'll address the emotional side. Stress and negative emotions can often contribute to poor sleep, so addressing these issues can help promote better rest. Not only does it cause poor sleep, no one feels good about the day when they’ve spent it in a state of “high alert”, because of a learned response from past events. Those negatives events from our pasts tend to stick around as we replay them over and over in our heads, further solidifying the synaptic response in our brains (that’s when your brain tells the rest of you to stay alert and never let your guard down… all. The. Time.)
- Frankincense oil has been used for centuries to calm the mind and promote feelings of peace and tranquility. It can help ground the emotions and ease feelings of anxiousness or unease.
- Valor is another essential oil blend that is helpful for promoting feelings of courage and strength. It contains a variety of uplifting oils, including black spruce, blue tansy, and frankincense. This blend is great for reducing feelings of anxiety and promoting a sense of calm. It’s also beneficial for sleep - my own 4-year old tends to clench his jaw and grind his teeth - valor on the jawline helps immensely!
- Idaho Grand Fir is another oil that can help lower cortisol levels naturally. One deep breath is like taking a walk through the woods on a warm day.
For those looking for a more comprehensive approach to emotional release, the Freedom Kit is an excellent option. This kit includes a combination of oils and blends that are specifically formulated to promote emotional wellness and help release negative emotions. For example, the Forgiveness blend contains a special combination of oils that are known to promote feelings of release and forgiveness. Additionally, the Release blend can be applied topically or diffused to help let go of feelings of anger, frustration, or stress.
You’d use the Freedom Sleep part of the kit for the first 30 days. The four oils included - Valor, AromaSleep, Freedom, and Inner Harmony - will help cover you over like a weighted blanket, allowing your brain calm and your body to rest.
The Freedom Release part of the kit are used from day 31-60. Using oils like Freedom, Joy, Divine Release, Transformation, and T. R. care, you’ll cover yourself from head to toe in oils that help with releasing negative thoughts and emotions, accepting people around you where they are (and forgiving them for all the other things), and aid in a more positive, peaceful outlook on life.
Overall, when it comes to promoting restful, restorative sleep and releasing negative emotions, essential oils can be a powerful tool. Whether used individually or in combination with other oils, there are many options available from Young Living that are powerful tools to help you enjoy life in a more relaxed way.
PS - Did you know we can sit down, talk about your health concerns and come up with a list of oils or products specific to your needs to make ordering easy? Coffee's on me! Let's talk.
~~~ Help me share the love: If you know someone who would benefit from our products or who is looking for a life coach to guide them in healthier choices and ways to reset in body, mind, and spirit, I'll give you a thank you gift of a an Amazon or Starbucks gift card when they contact me to make their first order! I'd love for you to share my blog post or referral link to help them get started. Please and thank you! ~~~