If you feel like life is out of control; if you get overwhelmed by the events taking place in your life, in the news, all around you, I'm here to invite you in. Here you'll find peace; you'll find joy; you'll find tools to help you navigate the curve balls life throws you.
I'm known for being very laid back - as in, "nothing gets to me, ever," laid back. In spite of having eight children, two grown, and six still needing active shepherding, people come to my home to sit at my table and visit, and leave refreshed. It has taken me a long time to work out why I am able to respond this way when others - including some in my own family - have a harder time.
It comes down to some core beliefs:
- God should be praised in all things, whatever the situation in life
- I am tied to nature and need to try to use natural products in my life, and live as cleanly as I can to stay healthy
- I need to learn how to use natural means to take care of myself and my family
- Everyone has something they struggle with;
- I must choose how to approach that person's struggles as it relates to me
- At the end of the day, I am only responsible for the actions of one person - my own
- I can only decisively change the actions of one person
- I can always replace money; people and community are worth more of my time and effort
Which means that:
- I'll never take another loan again;
- financial freedom and independence is important to me
- If I can help it, I'll work from home or as a consultant;
- the freedom to choose how I use my time is more important to me than a corporate paycheck
It may seem like a long list, but it is defines my life and provides a compass to guide my life in ways that truly affect how I connect with others, and deal with situations that affect my family, friends, and me. Whether you know it or not, you have principles that guide you too.
Enter in, and find your joy; find your space; find your peace. Reset. And when you leave, you might just be Zen too.